Our free guided walks are run here (can you run a walk?) by Troedio Clwyd Walks who, with their wonderful volunteer walk leaders guide us overfieldand mountain on different walks every week!
We had a fantastic a walking festival in July last year to celebrate 10 years of walking on Halkyn Mountain! Lots of new walkers joined us and now having thoughts on this year. We've had Halkyn Heritage Week with walks, reenactments, films, archaeology, lime kilns, geology, myths & legends. Next one is Halkyn Walking Festival from Wed 1st July to Tuesday 7th, lots more walks to come!
Fun Facts! Did you know that we've had well over 1,000 walking events at the Blue Bell Inn? If we multiply the number of walks by the number of walkers by the distance walked, on an average year we do over 10,000 miles a year! In fact we've walked the equivalent of more than twice around the planet since we started!
Don't forget our annual pilgrimage up on to the Moel-y-Gaer Hill Fort on Mid-Summer's Day each year, this year we meet here at 9:15pm for a 10:15pm sunset on the tops. So we've a date on Saturday 21st June at 9:15pm!
We have both regular weekly and monthly walks and also sneak in the occasional special walk too. Here they are:
- 7pm every Wednesday evening April to Sept, 3 to 4 miles of leisurely walking taking in the sunset with John & Vicky.
- 2pm every Thursday, 90 minutes of brisk walking with John & Vicky.
- 10:30am every Saturday, two walks, 3 to 4 miles of leisurely walking with Jill & June or 4 to 5 miles of brisk walking John & Vicky all ably backed up by a multitude of other walk-leaders.
- 10:30am every 3rd Saturday in the month, 6 to 7 miles of leisurely walking with Bob & Trish.
- 1pm every Saturday Nordic Walking, we'll provide the loan of poles & a trained instructor!
- 11am every 1st Sunday (from April to September) come for a 60min history walk and learn about your mountain!
If you can't make our free guided walks then how about using one of our free self-guided walks here? There's no excuse now as you can do one of these walks any time you like! If you want a bit more of a challenge why not try our new Treasure Trail?
You'll need appropriate footwear and clothing for the weather and to be prepared for a great time, lovely chat and good company, finishing off at the Blue Bell Inn for refreshment and a winter warm by the fire.
We've some good links to walking equipment suppliershere and some others to those that organise walkshere. Check out theWeather, Traffic and How to Find Us orContact/Find Us if you do decide to visit and we'll work out a route from you to us! Please follow thecountryside code.