Our favourite vicar The Rev'd Hugh Burgess is embarking on a giant 1,500 mile charity walk from Halkyn in North Wales to Santiago de Compostela in North West Spain (he started on Sunday 28th Feb - click here to go straight to progress updates)!
It's in aid of the Halkyn based Jamie Devaney Memorial Fund for which Hugh is Chair.
Hugh will be taking 3 months to walk the 1500 miles (2400km) route and has dreamed of walking to Santiago since he was 18 years old (he's now 60) and is hoping his dream doesn't become a nightmare!
If you would like to donate to Hugh's amazing challenge you can do so here.
A bit of I'm Sorry I Haven't A Clue fun to set Hugh on his way.
We've got more information (maps, route, Hugh's blog, etc) if you click on the READ MORE link below, you can follow Hugh on Twitter here and there's a great article in the local paper here too...
Hugh's route-map is here...
and his Tumblr blog (you'll probably need an account) for the latest updates.
A pilgrim's progress (latest first)...
- 12th Apr - Update: Hugh's visage - on cheese Blog.
- 11th Apr - Landes - infinity and beyond Blog.
- 10th Apr - Bazas - no rain! Blog.
- 9th Apr - Auros - on fishing and claggyness Blog.
- 8th Apr - La Reole - meetings on the Way Blog.
- 7th Apr - Sainte Ferme - Dordogne to Gironde and a friendly stone Blog.
- 6th Apr - Sainte Foy la Grande - On the road again back to the Camino in the Dordogne Blog, Blog #2.
- 5th Apr - Aubeterre-sur-Dronne - A tale of two churches Blog, Blog #2.
- 4th Apr - Gare de Périgueux - Breakfast in Perigueux, Passport in Limoges! Blog.
- 3rd Apr - Perigueux - preparing for Perigueux Blog.
- 2nd Apr - Planning the next route - In Limoges pontificating - it looks like tendonitis. Blog.
- 1st Apr - Limoges cathedral - Limoges cathedral, pausing to heal a heal Blog.
- 31st Mar - Limoges - Swearing in and then off to Limoges Blog.
- 30th Mar - Poitiers - One foot forward the other one needs attention! - a pause for repairs Blog.
- 29th Mar - Mayet - On hospitality, wildlife, caves and sleeping dogs Blog.
- 28th Mar - Vallée du Loir - On the road again Blog.
- 27th Mar - Le Mans - Easter Blog.
- 26th Mar - Hugh's visage after a month on the road (extended break in Le Mans - extended break in Le Mans Blog.
- 25th Mar - Le Mans - Intermission Blog.
- 24th Mar - Lalacelle - on feet 800,000 steps later Blog.
- 23rd Mar - La Ferté-Macé - In-spired, electrified and encouraged Blog.
- 22nd Mar - Putanges Pont-Ecrepin - thought provoking views, encounters, reflections Blog.
- 21st Mar - Pont d’Ouilly - a day in the life of our pilgrim HB (don't forget to sponsor Hugh if you can) Blog.
- 20th Mar - Thury-Harcourt - Calvados gloop and the wild life Blog.
- 19th Mar - Grandes Randonnées GR36 - Stopover / planning in Caen for the Grandes Randonnées GR36 Route Blog.
- 18th Mar - Caen - Enroute to Caen (or how to spot the route) Blog.
- 17th Mar - Salisbury - Salisbury to Pompey (a train through the urban sprawl) Blog.
- 16th Mar - Old Sarum - Old Sarum and onto Salisbury Blog.
- 15th Mar - Salisbury Plain - Miles of stones and mind games and 599,289 steps since leaving Halkyn Blog.
- 14th Mar - Warminster - Busy B's, B&B Blog.
- 13th Mar - Bath - R & R in Bath Blog.
- 12th Mar - Bath - Alien, Grumpy and Bath Blog.
- 11th Mar - Old Severn Bridge - Costa and the flaming bridge Blog.
- 10th Mar - Tintern - Towards the end of the begining - Wye Blog.
- 9th Mar - Monmouth - Mexican, Mud and a Motte Blog.
- 8th Mar - Pandy - a hairy 17 miles from Hay-on-Wye to Pandy Blog.
- 7th Mar - Hay-on-Wye - trying to make Hay-on-Wye Blog.
- 6th Mar - Hergest Ridge - over Hergest Ridge, gently does it Blog.
- 5th Mar - Kington - a way of life Blog.
- 4th Mar - Clun - ups and downs and then the Sun Blog.
- 3rd Mar - Montgomery - Dragons in Montgomery Blog.
- 2nd Mar - Welshpool - hat troubles Blog.
- 1st Mar - Llanymynerch - bruised feet but high spirits Blog.
- 29th Feb - Reached Froncysyllte - sore feet Blog.
- 28th Feb - left Halkyn Church... Blog.